This week is brimming with creative activities and experiences for you to enjoy. Keep your weekend free and delve into the world of photography and art.
Photo London at Somerset House
Photographers and galleries across the globe are coming together to showcase work at Photo London from 18th to 21st of May. These are some of the shows you should definitely check out this week!
Take a trip to Peckham for Peckham 24 on Friday 19th May from 6 pm to til late. Peckham 24 is a 24 hour short photography festival with a variety of exhibitions and live events. The festival will be taking place at the heart of Peckham at Copeland Park and The Bussey Building, as well as a series of other galleries and spaces across Peckham.
Museums at Night
The fun doesn’t stop there, after the shows you can head to Museums at Night, a UK-wide festival, museums and galleries are open to late hosting variety of activities for a few days. We’ve selected our top few you can visit from 18–20th of May.
Thursday 18th May
- If you haven’t had a chance to go to Strawberry Hill House yet then The Original Gothic Experience is definitely one to explore.
- Head to Fulham Palace to experience period entertainment, folk music and craft at Victorian Variety.
- Get stuck in with Vices and Virtues:Life drawing whilst taking in breathtaking paintings.
Friday 19th of May
- If you’re usually very keen to get your hands on valuable art, take a trip to Banknotes and Bullion and handle objects from the museum’s collection.
- Don’t miss renaissance-themed workshops and activities at the National Gallery’s Renaissance Late (this is free!).
Saturday 20th May
- Head to London Canal Museum experience atmospheric and entrancing style of music at Museums at Night concert.
- We’ve got another Freebie! Have fun at Under the skin: Taxidermy Late featuring live demonstrations, short film screenings and cocktails. You also get a chance to enjoy the Grant Museum of Zoology’s collection by night.