You’ve found KitMapper. You love what we do, but you need to know how to use the service more effectively, and in return make more money. Who better to give you great insight, than a fellow KitMapper. One of our star users, Tom Bryan wants to share his top tips on how to get the most out of the site.
You may have been looking at a pile of gear laying around your bedroom, wishing you had regular shoots or projects you could be using all your equipment for. Hoping that you had more connections, friends, or family to make better use of your precious kit. KitMapper allows you to make better use of your equipment.
Why have expensive kit lying around not doing anything, when you could earn money from loaning it out? The moment Tom Bryan discovered KitMapper, it made perfect sense. We provide users with a resource to connect and rent to like-minded creative community professionals, safely and securely.
Within Tom’s first week of using KitMapper, his kit was out on hire for six out of seven days! Allowing him to take in over £300. That was money going straight into his pocket, money he would never have had if he hadn’t loaned out his kit. He kindly donated that £300 to Save the Children.
We asked Tom Bryan to share his top tips for Listers. This is what he had to share:
- When pricing your kit, be realistic with the prices. Most users have probably come to KitMapper looking to find a better deal than a standard hire company.
- If you are struggling to come to terms with a stranger using your precious kit, check out KitMapper Guarantee. Should anything go wrong you are covered.
- Use good pictures as this makes a big difference. Nothing necessarily too professional, but images that show your kit is real. Take your gear outside to be photographed, natural lighting does wonders.
- Be nice to those hiring, they’re paying to rent from you. Building relationships and being friendly will mean they will return.
- Give the users a reason to choose you over someone else, do this by cutting deals if they hire multiple bits of kit, knock off money especially if they return.
- Spread the word. Tell your friends and colleagues about the website. The more people use the site, the more chances you have of your kit getting hired.
When it comes to making the most of your kit, KitMapper is the solution. To join KitMapper or to find out more about us click here.