Dave Charlesworth, the CEO and Founder of KitMapper, shares his thoughts on the introduction of The KitMapper Guarantee.
The first transaction we processed on KitMapper in February this year was a tremendous moment for us as a company. Our idea became reality. As we move forward into 2017, we want to continue to grow leaps and bounds. A vital part of that, we believe, is providing peace of mind to our users that their kit is safe with our renters.
Behind the scenes, the team and I have been working hard to put together a system to bring another level of assurance to the platform with the introduction of… The KitMapper Guarantee.
How does The KitMapper Guarantee work?
If there’s an incident during your equipment hire on KitMapper, we’re committed to:
- reimbursing you for either 1) the full replacement cost as indicated on your profile for that piece of kit, or 2) the actual cost of replacing or repairing lost or damaged kit,
- pay you up to 30 days’ worth of hire charges for any kit you are unable to rent as a result of the incident at the daily rate it was rented-out.
How do I make sure I stay within the guidelines for the guarantee?
The guarantee above relates only to the kit as it is listed and described on your KitMapper listing page and is at all times subject to:
- an incident happening during the agreed hire period — from the renter pressing ‘kit received’, to the time the lister presses the ‘kit received’ button,
- you providing us sufficient evidence it is in fact your kit,
- you notifying us about the Incident within 24 hours of it actually happening.
It is important that you provide all of the appropriate and accurate information for the kit that you list. That way we can make the process easier. Please click here to check out the full Rental Agreement terms.
A service you can trust
We already verify the users of KitMapper using our Experian Verification service, and now with The KitMapper Guarantee we are adding another layer of confidence to the website. We are dedicated to bringing you the most robust peer-to-peer kit rental site on the market.
We’d love to hear your feedback so please do drop me an email with your thoughts or comments.